1) Talking while looking at your computer screen robs you of the focused listening needed to effectively communicate. DON'T SURF and SPEAK at the same time.
2) Stress and fatigue are rarely caused by the things you have done, but by the thought of what you haven't done!
3) Goal setting is a standard technique used by top-level athletes, business-people and achievers in all fields. It gives you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It focuses your acquisition of knowledge and helps you to organize your resources.
4) Check yourself and discover how you are using your time. Do you spend time doing the right things or the wrong things? Well, How well are you doing them? You may be doing the right things wrong or the wrong things right. Focus your energy on doing the right things right. Remember the 80 / 20 rule.
5) Want to attack procrastination? Write down your goals twice daily. You'll become more focused on getting important things done.
6) Try standing up when you're on the phone – A USC study discovered that the brains information processing speed increases 5% to 20% while standing. Think it looks goofy? You'd be in the company of Thomas Jefferson, Ernest Hemingway and Winston Churchill – who all stood while working.
7) Everyday something unexpected is going to happen. Count on it – Don't let last minute emergencies throw off your day – count on them to happen.
© 2007 SuccessCo.com