Here are a few questions I ask my associates to ask themselves "before" they can call it a goal, thus becoming an effective tool to improve their odds of success.
• How many working days in the month?
• Do you have any days off scheduled?
• Factor in days if you’re prone to illness
• Sales meeting / reviews taking any of your time?
• What prospects do you have pending (Be real)
• What looks promising in terms of who will join / commit (Be real here too)
• How good are you? What are you capable of doing from a standing start?
• What are you going to change to get a different result? If you change nothing, the result will be the same (How’s that for rocket science!)
• How determined are you?
• What assistance might you need?
• Is your goal wishful thinking or based on “real” factors?
• What has been your best? Can you beat it?
• Does your goal depend on environmental or outside factors such as perfect planet alignment – if so, please rethink your goal.
• Have you set the groundwork over the past several weeks or months?
• Is your mind in the right place to achieve this goal?
• How many calls and presentations do you need to do?
• Do you know the value of your calls and presentations?
• Would you be willing to bet a months pay that you will hit your goal? If not, rethink your goal.
• What is the price / cost to achieve your goal? (List 5 items)
• Do you need some additional training in order to achieve this goal? If so, what?
• Can you look your peers in the eye while telling them your goal? Will they believe you?
Now, tell me your goal.
© 2007 SuccessCo.com