As luck has it . . .
As I travel the country and meet with many amazing sales professionals, one of the distinguishable attributes that is possessed by the best of the best is their sense of being lucky. This is not to suggest that they aren't some of the hardest working, most passionate professionals in the industry - but rather that they possess an intangible "something extra" that emanates from them . . . like a golden aura positively impacting everything they touch.
If you take all the famous quotes about luck, it will tell a tale that can be summed up in my ten steps on how to be one of the lucky few.
1. If you tell yourself every day that you are lucky, before long it will become a reality.
2. Lucky people know what they want, which makes it easier to recognize when it crosses their path.
3. Lucky people see the big picture of their position and have the ability to see the forest for the trees.
4. Lucky people are willing to work hard for the things they want. As Henry Ford said, "The harder I work, the luckier I get."
5. Lucky people have a great sense of what they don't want, so they don't spend a lot of time chasing low-priority goals and aspirations.
6. Lucky people are optimistic. Their glass is half full and they tend to see the upside and opportunities in the challenges that confront them.
7. Lucky people are open to new things and ideas. The more experiences one has, the greater the chance of "stumbling" across something new and exciting.
8. Lucky people do not generalize. Avoiding preconceived ideas and generalizations allows them to recognize opportunities that are often not seen by others.
9. Lucky people consider themselves lucky! Have you ever known someone who talks constantly about how unlucky they are? Well, it's the same concept in reverse.
10. Lucky people listen to their gut. While most people's instincts tend to be suppressed from inactivity, the lucky people of the world not only follow their gut, but trust and rely on it every day.
Bottom line, luck is a state of mind - so make your mental state the size of Texas!
© 2023 SuccessCo.com